If you are a homebrewer, you need the proper equipment to bring out the taste you desire. The beer-brewing process does not have to be meticulous and yet, yields the soul-quenching taste that you crave! These homebrew conical fermenters will make the job a lot easier for you regardless of whether you are a pro or an amateur.
Anyone of them is a great pick any day. However, the one that suits your expectations is the ideal fermenter for you. Conical fermenters have become quite popular these days. They have multiple features such as automatic temperature controls, rotating racking arms, and built-in stands.
Best Homebrew Conical Fermenters
At one time, conical fermenters were only limited to professional-grade beer production due to their cost-intensive nature. Now that they’ve become budget-friendly, conical fermenters are a great addition to your home brewing toolset. We bring out the best homebrew conical fermenters for you in this buying guide.
Here are the 6 best homebrew conical fermenters to look out for in 2020:
This conical fermenter won a gold medal at the 2016 National Homebrew Competition in Baltimore. The FastFerment 7.9 Gallon Conical Fermenter is exceptional for yeast harvesting as it prevents exposure to oxygen as well as eliminating sediment. What you get is a perfect, high- quality, and consistent hard cider, wine, kombucha, or beer.
Now you can avoid racking between carboys and buckets with this one-stage system. The homebrewer reduces the time required for making cider, wine, or beer by at least 80% when using this machine!
FastFerment is a trusted brand with a huge customer base. It comes with a range of accessories including a bottle drying rack and fermentation jacket as well.
You will also get a Teflon tape which is needed for the fast assembly of the fermenter. It’s a beginner-friendly machine, therefore, step-by-step instructions are provided for buyers.
- Weight – 8.42 pounds
- Dimensions – 21 × 14 × 14 inches
- Shipping – Free shipping
- Color – Assorted
- Manufacturer offers free returns for this homebrew conical fermenter
- Great for both pros and amateurs
- Fairly affordable compared to other fermenters on this list
- Great temperature control system
- Pretty accurate and easy to clean
- Fills your kegs easily with its bottle filling attachment
- Save and re-use the yeast for later harvesting with the yeast collection ball
- Mounts are included in the package
- Great capacity
- Probably not best to keep it on a stand (wall-mounts are better for this fermenter)
- No warranty information is provided
Whether you are an experienced homebrewer or just a beginner, the 3 Gallon FastFerment Conical Fermenter will be quite handy for you. This home brewing kit built to professional standards has a moderate capacity and is more suited for those who prefer a gallon or two of whatever they’re making.
There is no compromise with the quality and yet the fermenter is very pocket-friendly compared to others.
It’s incredible, time-saving equipment is perfect for your busy lifestyle. Even amateurs have won multiple competitions by using this conical fermenter.
If you are looking to upgrade your home brewing equipment, now is the time! Not only is every batch consistent but also has less oxygen exposure and less contamination.
- Weight – 4.5 pounds
- Dimensions – 11.25 × 11.25 × 15.75 inches
- Shipping – Free shipping
- Color – White
- Capacity – 3 gallons
- Manufacturer offers free returns for this product
- Superb value for the money
- Fermenter is easy to assemble
- Wide mouth top which allows convenient batch stirring
- Manufactured from 5mm-thick steel which gives it a sturdy structure
- Ideal for primary and secondary fermentation
- All the pieces and parts are interchangeable
- Powder-coated, solid-welded stand
- Teflon tape is not included in the package
- Some customers have reported issues with the valve system
When we talk about the best homebrew conical fermenter, the list is not complete without the FastFerment Conical Fermenter 7.9 Gallon Home-Brew Kit!
Take it up a notch using the modern fermentation system. It’s got a great capacity at 7.9 gallons and has a removable top lid. You can either use a stand or a wall stud, whatever works for you.
You can also purchase additional fermenting accessories that work with this product. Harvest the yeast for multiple uses through its flat-bottomed collection ball.
It ranks 58 in “Brewing & Fermentation Fermenters”. However, it’s a little more expensive compared to the preceding one.
- Product Weight – 12.50 pounds
- Shipping Weight – 13 pounds
- Shipping – Free shipping
- Color – White
- Capacity – 30 liters/7.9 gallons
- Height – 1.0 inches
- Width – 1.0 inches
- Lowest Temperature Rating – 0°C
- Inside Diameter – 1.0 inches
- Material – HDPE food-grade plastic
- Removable Screw – 6 inches
- Wall Studs – 16 inches
- Manufacturer offers a one-year warranty period for this product
- Comes with a wall-mount and a fermenter stand
- Fermenter greatly reduces your time and effort
- Product comes with a Teflon tape for easy assembly
- You can easily add nutrients using its wide top opening
- The machine is super easy to use
- Has a sturdy construction
- Plastic flashing will need to be removed with a sharp knife
- You will have to read the manual carefully to assemble it properly
The BrewDemon Conical Fermenter is the lightest and the second most affordable product on our list. It’s a small batch fermenter made in the United States, a one-of-a-kind.
However, this one does include a shipping price while the others do not.
With this conical fermenter, you get a better tasting, clearer, and cleaner beer. Water and ingredients can be added quite easily in this fermenter.
Also, it’s a BPA-free professional-grade conical fermenter. Your beer, wine, kombucha, or cider will have no unwanted flavor owing to food-grade, durable PVC used in the manufacturing process.
Moreover, the attachment of bottle filler and/or hose is secure due to an adjustable, premium flow spigot. The fermenter is ideal for two-gallon recipes. Its unique venting system keeps harmful contaminants at bay.
The entire package also includes stick-on temperature gauge, spigot, lid gasket, carbon dioxide vent plug, and a fermenter base.
Remember not to expose it to direct sunlight due to its clear finish. The advantage, however, is that you can see what’s happening inside the fermenter.
- Capacity – 2.0 gallons
- Height – 16 inches
- Width – 10 inches
- Volume – 3.125 gallons
- Weight – 3.04 pounds
- Dimensions – 10 × 10 × 16 inches
- Color – Colorless finish
- Manufacturer offers a two-year warranty period for this product
- Telephone customer support available for users
- Great value
- Easy to clean
- Long-lasting durability
- Ideal for brewing in small batches
- Small capacity
- Customers have reported problems with the spigot leaking
The Catalyst Fermentation System won the “International IF Design Award” on account of its innovative product design. You can conveniently brew wine or beer at home with this conical fermenter.
Now, you will be able to bottle your beverage straight from the fermenter while eliminating transfers and separating sediments. This way you can avoid messy spills and save your precious beer/wine from contamination.
It’s an elegant brewing machine, which adds to the aesthetic appeal of your ambiance.
The entire package includes various components such as glass mason jar, rubber stopper, transfer tubing, bottling attachment, and of course a 6.5-gallon conical tank. You have all you need with this home brewing kit!
Furthermore, it’s extremely safe to use owing to the BPA-free, food-safe polymer the fermenter is made from. The fermenter can fit any mason jar between 32 and eight ounces. It is ranked 108 in the “brewing & fermentation fermenters” category on Amazon.
- Capacity – 6.5 gallons
- Height – 26.25 inches (excluding airlock)
- Width – 17 inches
- Depth – 13.75 inches
- Valve size – 3 inches
- Mason Jar – up to 32 ounces
- Color – Clear
- Weight – 12 pounds
- Dimensions – 16.5 × 15.5 × 18 inches
- Material Used – Tritan
- Boasts an award-winning design
- Has received great customer ratings for its sturdiness and durability
- Resistant to scratching and shattering
- Has the largest butterfly valve in the industry
- One can harvest and store viable yeast with ease
- Super easy to clean
- It’s made from BPA-free, food-safe polymer
- Warranty information is not available
The BrewDemon Big Demon 8 Gallon Conical Fermenter is the most expensive one on the list. You can easily brew five to six gallons of mead, wine, beer, or cider with this machine.
The inner surface is durable, smooth, and has a tall profile. The fermenter has a dump cap, lid gasket, rubber stopper, airlock, stick-on temperature strip, and an adjustable flow spigot.
It’s ranked 3,772 in “beer brewing equipment” on Amazon.
The machine is made from BPA-free, food-grade, heat resistant plastic and is therefore safe to use. The unwanted items such as inactive yeast stay right at the bottom which in turn yields high-quality beer. Also, the dump system can be easily upgraded.
This homebrew conical fermenter has one of the highest capacities on the list. Hence, it is a worthy selection for those who never want to run out of beer, wine, or cedar!
When we look at other conical fermenters in the market, this one is way cheaper.
- Shipping – Free shipping
- Capacity – 8 gallons
- Color – Clear
- Material – Plastic (Phthalate)
- Weight – 12.02 pounds
- Dimensions – 14.25 × 23 × 14.25 inches
- Manufacturer offers free returns for this fermenter
- Great choice for those who want to buy plastic conical fermenters
- You can easily see what’s going inside the fermenter due to its clear finish
- Compact design is an ideal choice for a smaller space
- Re-use the yeast later by attaching a drain system
- Your beverage will have no contamination with this fermenter
- No warranty information is available for this product
- It’s the heaviest fermenter on our list
- Considering the price, the features are less encouraging
To choose the right homebrew conical fermenter, you must have all the information. Through this buying guide, we have delivered various product details such as the pros, cons, and specifications of each fermenter.
As a consumer, use this information to choose a conical fermenter that suits your requirements.
Overall, there are several tangible benefits of owning a homebrewer, other than honing your craft. You don’t have to visit a store or a bar every time you need a beer when you can brew one right at home!
Product Advertising API - Last Updated on 2021-03-06.
DISCLAIMER: Some or all of the product links on this page are affiliate links. The operator of this website received a small commission if you purchase products through these links, HOWEVER, there is no added cost to you. These commissions help to fund the operation of this BDMetrics.com
Hey there, I'm Brett Lewis, the self-proclaimed brew master behind Brew Dog Metrics. I am a long time coffee, tea, and beer drinker and have begun brewing my own beverages at home since 2001 to get the best tasting drinks for me & my family. I began this website to help others learn more about brewing coffee, tea and beer at home to improve the quality of their daily lives. I'm thrilled at how much Brew Dog Metrics has grown and I look forward to expanding this site and sharing more at home brewing solutions and information with you. Cheers & happy brewing!
What started out as the desire to brew the perfect cup 'o joe, turned into an obsession in brewing coffee, tea, and beer at home. This has turned into a mission to share my experience and research with as many beverage drinkers as possible. :)
More Coffee Buying Guides To Explore