With the holiday season right around the corner, we’ve found six amazing gifts in this buying guide, but a homebrewer will love these gifts any time of the year! These are also incredible additions to your own brew stock if you are a homebrewing fan yourself!
Our list has great options and ideas to choose from. Moreover, these options are quite affordable too.
The Best Gifts for Homebrewers
According to American Homebrewers Association (AHA), about 1.1 million people across the US love to homebrew their beer. Chances are you may have a loved one or a friend amongst them. Finding a perfect gift for a homebrewer can be taxing, especially if you do not have enough knowledge about it.
However, you don’t have to worry at all! We’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look at the best gifts for homebrewers this year!
1. The Home brew Journal for Craft Beer Homebrewers
A perfect gift for novice homebrewers, The Home brew Journal for Craft Beer Homebrewers covers everything from unit conversions and yeast strain charts to hop charts.
Moreover, the journal has got an antique look which gives it a unique aesthetic appeal. It is ranked #52 in “homebrewing, distilling & wine making” and #4827 in “Reference (Books)” on Amazon.
Users can log every outcome in this homebrew journal. Recording the experiments is important for repeating your success as well as for improving the less favorable ones.
In addition, it has more than 70 recipes, making it an ideal reference book as well.
Those who have not homebrewed for a while can rediscover their love through this journal.
- Publisher – Kegs & Code Co.
- Dimensions – 8 × 1 × 11 inches
- Weight – 1.4 pounds
- You can keep track of elements used to create a perfect batch.
- Repeat your successful recipes by referring to the journal.
- Leverage various tips and tricks to improve your strategies.
- There is plenty of space in the log sheets.
- The build of the journal is quite study and long-lasting.
- The pages are high quality.
- It’s ideal for both amateur and expert homebrewers.
- It’s the most expensive gift for homebrewers on our list.
- Some customers have reported issues with the binder.
2. The Homebrewer’s Almanac: A Seasonal Guide to Making Your Own Beer from Scratch
The Homebrewer’s Almanac features more than 50 recipes for brewing beer from foraged and farmed ingredients. Some of the recipes include basil rye porter, sumac sour ale, nettle spicebush ale, chanterelle mushroom saison, and sweet potato Vienna lager.
This book serves as a comprehensive practical guide. If your loved one wants to make beer using foraged and fresh ingredients, it will be an excellent gift!
Most craft beers incorporate seasonally harvested and locally sourced ingredients which may be the preference of your friend you want to gift this book to. Based on the region,this seasonal guide will offer suggestions on plants to select for brewing beer.
Some of the garden or foraged ingredients covered in this book include rhubarb, burdock, and dandelions. You will get your money’s worth with this extensive guide.
- Pages – 240
- Language – English
- Publisher – Countryman Press
- Edition – First
- Weight – 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions – 7.8 × 0.9 × 9.3 inches
- ISBN – 10: 1581573499
- ISBN – 13: 978-1581573497
- The book is crafted by one of the most creative brewers.
- You get scores of ideas on homebrewing through fresh ingredients with this guide.
- It is ideal for both beginners and expert brewers.
- This guide offers detailed background information about each ingredient.
- It consists of a huge variety of foraged ingredients.
- An ideal pick for those who love local breweries.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- The book does not use the metric system (which may require users to make conversions themselves if their equipment doesn’t use the imperial system).
3. The YEBODA 16 oz Amber Glass Beer Bottles for Home Brewing
These YEBODA 16 oz Amber Glass Beer Bottles can be a wonderful gift for homebrewers. These are made of high-quality, durable, and thick amber glass.
They not only protect your homebrew but also filter light properly. These bottles are perfect for homebrewing vanilla extract, oil, vinegar, kefir, cider, soda, whiskey bottling, Kombucha, and beer.
This pack of YEBODA bottles is ranked #9 in “Beer Brewing Bottles & Bottling” on Amazon.
They are made of 100% recyclable, nontoxic materials. Hence, by choosing this gift you can do your bit for the environment.
In addition, flip top caps are made from silicone gaskets and stainless steel.
- Dimensions – 9.1 × 6.1 × 10.6 inches
- Weight – 6.39 pounds
- Material – Heavy duty glass
- Capacity – 500 ml/16 oz
- Diameter – 2.67”
- Color – Amber
- Height – 9.9 inches
- Inside Neck Diameter – 0.66 inches
- Outside Neck Diameter – 1.17 inches
- They are easy to assemble and use.
- These beer bottles are durable and eco-friendly.
- They offer great value for money.
- Their price is quite affordable.
- Bottles are leak proof owing to their super strong seal.
- Resealable caps are easy to remove, clean and attach.
- These will greatly simplify the bottling process.
- Replacement washers are included with this product.
- No warranty information has been provided.
- Some customers have reported receiving broken bottles (which were replaced by the company).
Our glass bottles are made with thick, durable amber glass for filtering light and protecting your home brew. Perfect for homebrewing beers, Kombucha, whiskey bottling, soda, cider, kefir, vinegar, oil, vanilla extract, water and more.
Features: Highest quality, Super Strong Seal, Completely reusable, Simplifies bottling process, Easy-to-remove for cleaning
4. The Brewer’s Elite Hydrometer & Test Jar Combo
Let’s face it, the task of manually calculating specific gravity is pretty tedious when done using glass tubes. The Brewer’s Elite Hydrometer & Test Jar Combo is a terrific pick for someone who wants to remove the process above.
A hydrometer is a must in the homebrewer’s arsenal. It allows you to determine the successfulness and health of wine or beer fermentation.
Fermentation happens to be the most difficult process in homebrewing. It demands an ample amount of effort and time to set the accurate levels. Manual readings are not only time-intensive but can also lead to contamination which you absolutely do not want.
The combo set includes a brush, bag, cleaning cloth, and storage case. Novice homebrewers can refer to graduated color bands on the hydrometer to check when the beer is ready. It can be used for making Kombucha, cider, and wines as well. In addition, it also allows you to determine the alcohol density quite conveniently.
- Test Jar Capacity – 250 ml
- Triplescale Wine Hydrometer – 0.99 to 1.6
- Potential Alcohol – 0% to 20%
- Brix Balling: 0 to 35
- Dimensions – 12.8 × 3.11 × 1.3 inches
- Weight – 3.2 ounces
- Manufacturer offers a “100% money back guarantee” in case you are not happy/satisfied with the product.
- The hydrometer is easy to clean and durable.
- It is made from high-quality materials.
- Easy-to-read, crystal clear fonts on the hydrometer.
- It comes with a conversion table and an instruction manual.
- You get a lifetime replacement guarantee if the hydrometer is inaccurate.
- Good pick in the “value for money” category.
- The information about the warranty is not available.
- Many customers have given less favorable reviews about measurement readings.
5. The Homebrew Log Book – Beer Recipe Notebook
With the Homebrew Log Book your loved one can keep track of relevant information. For instance, they can write down details about fermentation such as gravity, temperature, and sample data.
Apart from that, they can record different ingredients and general information including the date, batch, style, alcohol content, SRM, and efficiency.
Keeping a log book allows you to critique your own recipes. This way brewers can work towards enhancing the taste of cider, beer, Kombucha, or wine in future.
Who knows? This log book may win a homebrewing award for your friend! Even a small tweak here and there can make a huge difference in the taste which is why keeping a log book is imperative for both beginners and expert homebrewers.
- Pages – 112 (paperback)
- Publisher – Hartwell Press
- Dimensions – 8 × 0.2 × 10 inches
- Shipping Weight – 8.5 ounces
- Language – English
- ISBN – 10: 1636050166
- ISBN – 13: 978-1636050164
- Repeat successful recipes and discover new ones.
- The paper is made of good quality which makes it long-lasting.
- You get enough space to record your brewing activities.
- A must-have addition to the homebrewing kit of your friend/family.
- The book is relatively short.
- Few customer reviews to gather feedback from.
6. The Complete Homebrew Beer Book: 200 Easy Recipes
Written by award-winning homebrewer George Hummel, The Complete Homebrew Beer Book will guide you through the process of making smooth beer and is one of the best gifts for homebrewers.
Your dear ones can explore a myriad of spices, fruits, and other flavorings to enhance the taste of beer or wine!
This brew book also consists of easy and outstanding recipes for sodas, ciders, and meads. These recipes require minimal equipment or kitchen appliances. It’s a superb gift for novice homebrewers who need step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions. Hence, these easy recipes will suit the cravings and taste of your friend.
Mass-produced commercial beers have chemical additives which are not good for your health or the health of people you care about. Hence, homebrewed beer has several benefits owing to natural ingredients.
Some of the recipes included in this book include vanilla cream stout, raspberry weizen, German bock, Belgium dubbel, Scottish 60 shilling, golden ale, pre-prohibition lager, imperial pilsner, multi-grain stout, Bavarian hefeweizen, California blonde, American/Texas brown, and Irish amber.
- Pages – 456 (paperback)
- Publisher – Robert Rose
- Dimensions – 7 × 1.1 × 10 inches
- Shipping Weight – 1.8 pounds
- Language – English
- ISBN – 10: 077880268X
- ISBN – 13: 978-0778802686
- You get 200 exciting beer recipes with this homebrew beer book.
- The book is fairly comprehensive, consisting of tips and trivia.
- It’s suitable for both experienced and novice homebrewers.
- Readers get 7 gluten-free recipes with this book.
- It has clear, thorough, and easy instructions that inspire confidence.
- The book includes a short rundown of basic steps and equipment.
- Experienced brewers get a collection of complex recipes.
- The book does not cover every single listed style or how it’s supposed to taste.
We have compiled some great ideas on the best gifts for homebrewers. Any craft beer fanatic will appreciate these gifts, whichever you decide to purchase. Before making a decision, however, it’s probably best to determine the homebrewing needs of your friend.
This way your gift will be more thoughtful and meaningful. Besides, you should take into account whether your loved one is a novice or an expert at homebrewing before selecting the gift. Apart from these two considerations, we advise you not to overthink this and go ahead with the gift of your choice!
Product Advertising API - Last Updated on 2023-06-04. DISCLAIMER: Some or all of the product links on this page are affiliate links. The operator of this website received a small commission if you purchase products through these links, HOWEVER, there is no added cost to you. These commissions help to fund the operation of this BDMetrics.com