Table of Contents
- Six Of The Best Cold Brew Coffees
- 1. Metropolis Coffee Company - Cold Brew Blend, Dark Roast
- 2. Cold Buzz Coffee Bean Packs, Hazelnut Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- 3. Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve, Dark Roast
- 4. Cafe Du Monde Coffee Chicory
- 5. Tiny Footprint Coffee Organic Cold Brew Cold Press Elixir, Whole Bean Coffee
- 6. Bizzy Organic Cold Brew Coffee, Smooth and Sweet Blend
- Buyer’s Guide
- Final Thoughts
Coffee is a drink that is extremely versatile and can be enjoyed in many forms. Whether you like something dark and bitter that packs a punch, light and sweet that can be sipped on purely for its taste, or a delicious topping that can be used on ice cream, there is a form of coffee for it. Coffee has also found its way into multiple flavors in everyday life, including essences, chocolates, and even daily hygiene products.
Cold brew coffee is a great option for people who want to lay back and enjoy their coffee without compromising on good taste. For either people that can’t handle hot coffee or simply prefer the cooler temperatures, cold brew is an excellent option. Besides, cold brew comes with its own list of benefits, which you can read here.
While you can always make cold coffee by making normal coffee and adding ice cubes to it or refrigerating it, it is always better to go for coffee that is specifically meant to be made cold. But considering the massive amount of choices available on the market for every different type, it can be difficult to choose the best coffee to use for cold brew. In this review, we have put together a list of six coffees that you can consider using for your cold brew needs.
Six Of The Best Cold Brew Coffees
Metropolis Coffee Company’s Cold Brew Blend is a delicious option for cold brew. With a sweet, chocolaty finish, the dark roast of the coffee gives it a smooth, roasty finish that people associate with and love about coffee.
Specifically designed for cold brew, this coffee was the 2007 Roaster of the year award winner as well due to its smooth and strong taste. Metropolis Coffee Company’s Cold Brew blend is roasted to order and visually tested before it is shipped. They also taste a sample and analyze it for flavor notes, so that you get the best experience right out of the bag.
This coffee comes in whole bean form, so you need to grind your own before you start making it. Heat it to 195-205 F while brewing, and then cool it for a refreshing, energizing drink!
- Product weight — 12 ounces
- Product Blend — Cold brew
- Product Roast — Dark roast
- The coffee comes in the form of beans. For people who want complete freedom in how they make their coffee from scratch, this is a great opportunity to experiment with the grinding process.
- The chocolaty and sweet taste of the coffee makes it great for people who do not want a very bitter tasting cold brew.
- The dark roast of the coffee means that it is strong enough to give you a caffeine kick along with good taste.
- If you’re pressed for time, buying whole beans might not be the best idea for you, as it takes a lot of time to grind and use them.
- If you don’t like a roasty finish to your coffee and want a purely sweet one, this might not be the best product for your tastes.
This pack of coffee beans from Cold Buzz Coffee is made for cold brew, particularly iced coffee. It comes in convenient packs of five, and every pack can make 16-20 ounces of iced coffee.
The coffee is very versatile in nature, and you can drink it in its concentrated form, diluted with ice, or with milk in a cafe style cold coffee. Another convenient aspect of this coffee is that you do not need to heat it with the beans. All you need to do is add a pack of beans to 16 ounces of water and refrigerate it for 24 hours, and you’re done!
The coffee comes in a hazelnut flavor, which gives it a nice character and is especially noticeable when it’s consumed in the form of iced coffee.
- Product weight — 6.4 ounces
- Product Blend — Cold brew or iced coffee (100% Arabica)
- Product Flavor — Hazelnut
- The coffee comes in a nice hazelnut flavor, which is perfect for people just looking for a refreshing new taste instead of a strong, bitter drink.
- The coffee comes in convenient packs, which means that you do not have to put in too much thought into making it. You can, however, experiment with steeping times and the number of bags to change the flavor and strength of the coffee according to your needs.
- There is no need to heat this coffee, so you can practically just put in the fridge with water and your work is done.
- If you are a fan of iced coffee, diluting it and adding sugar will give you a great, sweet beverage.
- Cold brew is noticeably stronger than hot coffee, which may not be preferable for some coffee fans.
- While regular coffee can be quickly made, this coffee takes 12-24 hours or more to make depending on how strong you want it to be.
Stone Street Coffee’s Cold Brew is a great option for ground coffee that is created specifically for cold brewing. With a dark roast, this coffee is an excellent option for people who are looking for a caffeine kick and strong taste in their cold brew. With a coarse ground, the extraction of cold brew is in just the right amount.
Even though it is a dark roast, Stone Street Coffee’s Cold Brew is a smooth tasting drink when made the right way. To make this coffee, you need to add the coarse ground coffee to cold water. Stir it, cover, it and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours, depending on how strong you want it to be.
- Product Weight — 1 pound
- Product Blend — Cold brew
- Product Roast — Dark rRoast
- The coffee is extremely easy to make, as there are no hassles of having to heat it or using an expensive espresso maker.
- Coarse ground coffee means that it has grains in just the right size to make a good cup of coffee.
- The dark roast of the beans gives the coffee a strong but smooth taste.
- The dark roast of the coffee, along with the ground nature of it might make it too strong if left to steep for too long.
- Slow brewing time, even for cold brew.
Cafe Du Monde’s Coffee and Chicory flavor comes in a dark, rich blend of coffee that is a great option for making cold brew.
The history of Cafe Du Monde is an interesting one, as it has been a landmark in the French Market area of New Orleans since the 1880s. The cafe became famous for its coffee and its french donuts that are served 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The flavor of chicory in the coffee is a great addition, and for people who prefer their coffee with a taste of something different, this is an excellent choice to try out.
- Product Weight — 3 x 15 ounces (45 ounces)
- Product Blend — Cold Brew
- Product Flavor — Coffee and Chicory
- The original nature of this coffee whose roots are more than a century old has a special feeling to it.
- The taste of chicory in the coffee is a good addition for people who enjoy that.
- The coffee comes in convenient cans, not packs, which makes it easier to store and use whenever you need it.
- The rich and dark roast of this coffee, paired with the chicory, might not be a great fit for people who are not used to strong coffee.
- It tastes a lot better with heavy cream (like how it’s served at Cafe Du Monde), so it might not be the right choice for people who prefer their coffee dark.
Are you an environmentalist and a health-conscious person who prefers all the food and beverages they consume to be organic for health reasons as well as the positive effect it has on the planet? If you are, and if you love cold brew coffee, Tiny Footprint may be a great choice for you.
This coffee has a negative carbon footprint, which means that every pound of it that’s sold actually makes the planet a bit greener! A portion of the sales is donated to reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo Cloud Forest.
When it comes to the taste, the coffee is a mix of light and dark roasts for a balanced taste and is spiked with Ethiopian coffee for an even better experience. The flavor profile has a sweet, silky richness to it, with hints of fruits and floral tones with a cocoa finish.
- Product Weight — 16 ounces
- Product Blend — Cold brew
- Product Flavor — Sweet with hints of fruits and floral tones, cocoa finish
- For people who want their cold-pressed coffee to be a mixture of several types to bring out the flavors from all of them, this is a great option.
- A mixture of light and dark roasts gives this coffee a good balance of strength and taste.
- If you are an environmentalist, the story behind this coffee is a great way to make the planet a better place.
- The coffee comes in the form of whole beans, which can take longer to steep and make lighter coffee than ground beans.
- Has a slightly burnt profile to it, which is not right for everyone.
Bizzy’s Organic Cold Brew Coffee comes in a smooth and sweet flavor for people who do not want a bitter and burnt taste to their coffee. The coarse nature of the ground coffee is optimized for cold brew, giving you a smooth taste. The blend is 100% Arabica, and there are notes of caramel and hazelnut in the coffee for an overall great taste as well.
- Product Weight — 1 pound
- Product Blend – Cold brew
- Product Flavor – Hazelnut and caramel
- For people looking for a sweet-tasting cold brew that can be enjoyed as a beverage and not just as coffee, this would be a great option.
- This coffee is ground into a coarse ground, which gives it a smooth finish when it’s brewed.
- Can easily be made into a concentrate or a diluted version depending on your preference.
- This is more of a sweet beverage for making iced coffee than a strong coffee with a caffeine kick.
- The pouches are not the most comfortable options and might spill into the brew, causing the need for additional filtering.
If you’ve read the reviews above and you’re not sure which of these options for cold brew to get for yourself, read our comprehensive buyer’s guide below to suit yourself on your preferences.
- Coffee as a sweet beverage — If you prefer your coffee sweet with hints of other flavors like hazelnut, get the Bizzy Cold Brew Coffee or Cold Buzz Coffee Bean Packs.
- Coffee with bold flavors — If you prefer your coffee to be dark, strong, and bitter, the best options for you would be Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory or Metropolis Coffee Company Cold Brew Blend.
- Coffee that’s organic — If you prefer coffee that’s completely organic and is also doing its part in the betterment of the environment,try the Tiny Footprint Coffee Cold Brew Blend.
- Coffee that is roasty and burnt — If you’re someone who likes their coffee extremely strong with a burnt aftertaste to really wake you up in the morning or give you that blast of energy, Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve is for you.
We understand that it can get overwhelming to have so many options when it comes to cold brew coffees. With this article, we have tried to give you the best opinions so that you can choose the best coffee to use for cold brew according to your preferences.
Product Advertising API - Last Updated on 2022-10-02. DISCLAIMER: Some or all of the product links on this page are affiliate links. The operator of this website received a small commission if you purchase products through these links, HOWEVER, there is no added cost to you. These commissions help to fund the operation of this BDMetrics.com