All-in-one electrical brewing systems are an innovative solution to quick and effective home brewing. They combine all of the separate processes in one single piece of equipment.
That means the mashing, steeping, boiling, cooling, and fermentation take place in a single machine.
These brewers are equipped with the latest technological advancements. They use cleaner electric energy as opposed to propane or wood fuel.
For this reason, all-grain homemade beer brewers can now ferment indoors at any time they want to.
The advantage of these new electric all-in-one homebrewers is that they are compact. They also eliminate the traditional method of using three large vessels. In addition, they use such little space that they can comfortably fit on a kitchen counter.
- The Grainfather Connect runs efficiently on the 110-120 volts that a standard household provides.
- The heating element consumes 1600 watts.
- The brewer has a capacity of 8 gallons.
- The steel bucket for mashing can withstand 20 pounds of grain. This comes in handy if you want to brew high gravity beer.
- The chilling system on the Grainfather uses a counterflow chiller rather than an immersion chiller.
- Conical fermentor
- Insulation jacket
- Hop spider
- Sparge water heater
- Fermentor cooling kit
- Glycol chiller
We mentioned that the Grainfather Connect comes with an array of technological features. A truly unique one is its Bluetooth connectivity.
You can control the brewing process remotely from your smartphone. This is possible via the use of the Connect Control Box.
Download the Connect App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and begin controlling the brewing process from anywhere.
For example, once you have the app, you can choose whether to fill the brewer with water in preparation for brewing. You can set the timer to automatically start warming water at a specific time.
Other cool features include step mashing and heating options that control the power output.
Grainfather Connect has a friendly user interface that makes it easy to apply any of these technological features.
- It is simple to operate for first time users.
- The brewer is an electric plug and go. There is no danger from hot plates nor burners.
- It takes only 20 minutes to heat from mash to boil.
- There is an instruction manual included and instructional videos on the manufacturer’s website.
- The brewer is made out of the best quality 304 stainless steel. It is a lifetime investment.
- You can brew as much as 6 gallons of beer from one session.
- Intuitive design with features such as delayed heating and digital display in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to control the brewing process from anywhere in the house.
- Connect Control Box together with the Connect App gives the brewer complete control over the brewing process.
- The Bluetooth connection doesn’t always work flawlessly especially where there are obstructions.
- The price is on the higher side.
- Occasionally clogs.
If you can afford this brewer, by all means, go for it. It is the most advanced all-grain brewing system available for home use!
The Graincoat is an insulation jacket designed for the Grainfather brewing systems. The jacket adds an insulation layer to the brewer and keeps the heat contained inside. This helps to prevent temperature fluctuations when you brew in cold months.
- The material used to make the jacket is SBR foam of 11-millimeter thickness.
- The outer layer of the jacket is made out of polyurethane material.
- The product is designed to provide constant insulation as long as brewing is in progress.
- Cleaning is done by wiping the polyurethane layer off with machine wash.
- The insulation jacket saves energy by reducing the amount of electricity needed to boil.
- The product is easy to clean and machine-wash safe.
- Brewing in cold months is now possible with minimal adjustments.
- The insulation jacket is budget-friendly yet highly durable material.
- It is sold separately when you purchase the Grainfather all-in-one brewing system.
The Grainfather is an all-in-one system to make beer from grain. At a glance, the 120V Grainfather has a sleek design that’s easy on the eyes. When you use it, you discover how easy it is to operate its innovative features.
It is suitable for both experienced brewers and those who are trying their hand at brewing for the first time.
The Grainfather is constructed from the best quality 304 stainless steel. The capacity of this brewing tank is 30 liters producing an output of 23 liters of beer.
- The Grainfather uses electricity, which eliminates the need for hot plates and burners. Plug it in a power outlet and it’s ready for use.
- The brewer is fitted with a dual element. The element administers the correct amount of power required for each stage of brewing. (For example, a gentler heat is required in some beer-making stages to prevent scorching. On other stages, a lot of heat is needed to bring it to a boil. The Grainfather automatically switches between these two stages because of the intuitive dual element.)
- The pump is magnet-powered, operating at 1800 RPM, and consumes 6 watts of power. The pump continuously circulates the wort across the grain bed for better brewing efficiency.
- The pump filter inside the brewer prevents stray grain from entering inside pipes or the pump. This keeps the cooling wort uncontaminated and prevents blockages.
- The grain basket is made of expandable stainless steel. It has a maximum capacity of 9 kilograms of grain.
- The grain basket is fitted with honeycomb plates and retractable pipework that you can adjust to the size of the grain bill. For grain bills below 4.5 kilograms, you should fit the micro-pipework.
- The Grainfather has a counterflow wort chiller with two connection points. One side is connected to the brewer while the other side connects to cold tap water. Hot wort is pumped through the inner coil while cold water passes through the outer coil, creating instant cooling.
- The Grainfather has a Wi-Fi enabled Connect Control Box that can be used together with a Connect App to control heat and power levels in the brewer. The app alerts you when it is time for the next step.
- The Control Box has Bluetooth capabilities so that it can connect with your mobile phone. You can control the brewer remotely this way.
Technological Capabilities of the Control Box
- The PID controller algorithm works together with a TRIAC to provide stable heating. This way, you can adjust the power output as is necessary.
- Adjust step mashing as you wish.
- Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit units easily.
- The delayed heating feature allows you to fill the Grainfather with water the night before the brewing starts. Wake up to water that is the optimal temperature for brewing to commence.
- The display is waterproof.
- You can operate the control box manually on the Grainfather or remotely using an app.
Features of the Grainfather Connect App
- The app contains grain beer brewing recipes.
- For iOS9 and higher, you will be able to import beer recipes.
- Allows you to set a boiling temperature depending on your latitude.
- Grainfather Calculators
- To use this app on your iPhone, you need an iPhone 4S and higher. The operating system must be iOS8 and higher with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
- Grainfather Connect App is also compatible with Android 4.3 and higher. The device must be Bluetooth Smart as well.
- In the counterflow wort chiller, the cooled wort empties directly into a clean and sterile fermentor. This reduces the exposure to contaminants as nothing comes into contact with the cool wort.
- Cooling is fast. 23 liters of wort cools down to a reasonable temperature in only 20 minutes.
- The Grainfather’s manufacturer’s warranty extends over a period of 24 months
- It is easy to clean the brewer quickly by simply pumping cleaning liquids through the entire piping network.
- Even with a myriad of smart features, the Grainfather remains friendly for first-time users. The user-interface is simple to use.
- Wi-Fi connectivity enables you to brew beer remotely. The Connect App sends alerts when it is time to activate the next brewing stage, which you can do at the press of a button.
- The Connect app is compatible with both Android and iPhone devices. The compatibility requirements are basic enough to be accessible to anyone who needs to install the app.
Note: When you buy a Grainfather, there will be a yellow packaging strip inside the boiler. Please discard it before you commence brewing.
- The BeerDroid is enabled to work with Wi-Fi and there is an app to remotely control the brewing process.
- The BeerDroid BrewArt app sends you notifications on the progress of the brewing and production milestones.
- The brewer has a user-friendly LCD screen that displays the brewing status. It shares the temperature and a number of other display options as you choose to set them.
- When your beer is ready, you can get a notification.
- In one production setting, the BeerDroid produces 2.6 gallons of beer.
- The brewer has a BrewPint system that lets you download various beer profiles, buy the ingredients, and make the beer of your choice.
- The BeerDroid automates the process of measuring out ingredients, making it ideal for anyone who prefers not to be involved in the process.
- The BrewDroid uses only natural ingredients to make beer.
- In the event of a blackout, the smart system will store memory of where it was before the outage. When the power restores, it will carry right on.
- A custom beer recipe can be brewed to perfection on this device as long as you adjust the quantities to 10 liters.
- It features a patented end-of-fermentation technology that automatically detects when fermentation is complete.
- The BeerDroid is the first fully automated home brewing system. At the push of a button, you can get 2.6 gallons of quality beer.
- The BrewArt ingredients are free from any additives and preservatives.
- The Wi-Fi capabilities of the BeerDroid mean that you can monitor and adjust your brewing settings remotely via the BrewArt app.
- User-friendly interface.
- The BeerDroid automatically detects when fermentation is complete and ready for the kegerator. This is possible because of its patented EOF technology.
- The LCD is easy to read. You will be able to see the progress of the beer brewing, customize your beer recipe, and even control the temperatures.
- BeerDroid is easy to clean because the tap is a two-piece snap-on and the drain is easy to flush.
To summarize the BeerDroid attributes, it is a smart system that delivers superb results.
When you purchase your BeerDroid, it will come packed with American Pale Ale BrewPrint. This additional package is the creation of BrewArt master brewers. It is the compilation of the world’s most famous beers for you to try out.
All-in-one electric brewers simplify the all-grain brewing system by automating everything. All you have to do is set your ingredients and then “forget” about it.
The automation process increases the consistency and quality of the beer. Human error is eliminated during the process of brewing, as well as on the timing.
We hope your friends and family love the beer you make out of these all-grain electrical brewers. Enjoy!