Energy is absolutely essential in today’s world. Without energy, the technology and comfort that we know of today would not be possible. Here at BDMetrics, we are committed to helping visitors understand their energy usage in terms of HVAC systems and heating oil. With a focus on fuel, specifically heating oil, we provide videos and articles to help viewers make cost effective decisions.
What Is Heating Oil?
Heating oil is a fuel that is very popular resource for heating homes or other domestic uses. There is a type of oil that is a form of kerosene, a #1 oil. However, the heating oil we are focused on is derived from crude oil, a #2 oil. Through a refinery, the crude oil is turned into heating oil and transported all over the world through the use of pipelines, trucks, trains and more. Heating oil is created and used for the comfort of customers in order to keep the air temperature in homes pleasant.
Heating Oil Uses
Heating oil is used in homes as a way to keep them heated in the winter months. For this reason, it is important to purchase enough oil to get through the winter while maintaining a warm home equipped with heated water. It is important to note, however, that heating oil is not only for the winter months. If your home’s hot water is heated by oil, it is important to understand the amount of fuel your family will go through in a year. Buying oil in the summer or spring is generally cheaper because it is considered the off season. This is important to know if you need to restock on fuel all year round.
Top Heating Oil Companies
Connecticut: ABC Fuel Oil LLC, (203) 648-4204
Deleware: Awe Oil, (302) 737-1123
Illinois: Blick & Blick Oil Inc., (800) – 535 – 9468
Indiana: Country Mark, 800-808-3170
Kentucky: Lykins Energy Solutions, 1-800-875-8820
Maine: Atlantic Heating Co, (207) 797-7218
Maryland: Tevis Energy Inc., 410-876-6800
Massachusetts: Pioneer Oil, 508-753-3223
Michigan: Crystal Flash, 800.875.4851
New Hampshire: Ciardelli Fuel Company, (603) 673-1336
New Jersey: RG Fuel Oil, (908)930-6678
New York: SOS Xtreme Comfort, (845) 351-4700
Ohio: Duncan Oil, 1.888.DUNCAN.OIL
Pennsylvania: R.F. Ohl, (610) 471-0001
Rhode Island: Santoro Oil, (401) 942-5000
Vermont: Energy Co-op of Vermont, (802) 860-4090
Virginia: Quarels Inc, 540.371.2400
West Virginia: Emmart Oil Co
Wisconsin: Garrow Oil Propane, 800-236-1999
HVAC System – Tips for Homeowners
In order to keep an HVAC system running at it’s best possible efficiency, it is important for homeowners to know that these systems need to be maintained properly. Even if there is no immediate issues, most contractors recommend a check twice a year. These maintenance checks end up saving customers on repair and service bills in the long run. By cleaning the air filters of your system monthly, the HVAC system should run smoothly and efficiently. A smoothly running system means more efficiency, energy savings, and most importantly, cash savings! BDMetrics is here to provide you with articles and videos to ensure our viewers are informed and ready to make smart choices regarding energy and HVAC system maintenance.
Top HVAC Companies
Connecticut: Modern Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC, (203) 283-0593
Delaware: Horizon Services Inc., (302) 442-7607
Illinois: Shavitz Heating and Air Conditioning, 847-973-5834
Indiana: Service Plus Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, (317) 550-2664
Kentucky: Madison HVAC/R, Inc., (859) 248-1280
Maine: Mechanical Services Inc., 207 – 774 -1531
Maryland: Blue Dot Services of Maryland, 410-809-2124
Massachusetts: Ayotte, (978) 251-1000
Michigan: Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling, 616-828-5411
New Hampshire: Heritage Heating Plumbing Cooling Electric, 1-800-977-4737
New Jersey: A.J. Perri, (732) 733-2548
New York: SOS Xtreme Comfort, (845) 351-4700
Ohio: McAfee Air, (937) 438-1976
Pennsylvania: R.F. Ohl, (610) 471-0001
Rhode Island: Restivo’s, 401-351-REST
Vermont: Avonda Air Systems, (802) 865-9900
Virginia: F. H. Furr, 1-866-944-3791
West Virginia: A-One Heating and Cooling, (304) 485-0024
Wisconsin: Foreman Slaasted Heating & Air Conditioning, 262-634-8344
BDMetrics provides unbeatable service with top quality information on all things relating to energy, heating oil, and HVAC systems. Check out or articles and videos for more details!
- video rating: 5 Link to Amazon: http://amzn.to/1PehAsl Read More ...
- video rating: 4 Fayetteville, NC Air Conditioning Company Bass- The Lafayette Socieyt- Lafayette statueWho is Bass Air Conditioning Company? We are a locally-owned HVAC contractor who has been serving Fayetteville and the surrounding areas since 1952. We have been a part of this community for more than 60 years and have practiced professionalism, honesty and […] Read More ...
- video rating: 4.5 http://www.minisplitwarehouse.com/New_York_Mini_Split_Air_Conditioner_Heat_Pump/cat315965_540808.aspx How to Install Mini Split AC? Professional installation is also important to prevent mishaps, such as water leaks inside the home or electrical accidents or malfunctions. Give us a Call 877-770-3548. Read More ...
Please follow & like us :)
- Bell Brothers’ Core Values and Guarantees: T Is for Total Satisfaction November 23, 2015Recently we’ve had an ongoing series of posts talking about the Bell Brothers’ Core Values. In each post, we take one of our values and examine it in detail. Each value is assigned a letter, and all the letters together make up the word “ETHICS.” This is the second post in the series of five.… […]
- Here’s Why Sacramento Residents Should Do a Furnace Tune Up Before the Weather Gets Colder November 20, 2015It’s cold outside! Maybe not middle-of-January cold, but these chilly Valley nights (not to mention the rain!) have many of us reaching for that thermostat. And if you haven’t turned on your heater yet this year, you may be one of the unlucky few who get an unhappy surprise. We really hope you’re not in… […]
- Winterizing Your Vacaville HVAC System: Why You Need an Air Conditioner Cover November 18, 2015“Winterizing” is something people do with their cars and their wardrobe, but not often with their air conditioning. It may be less fun than shopping for a winter coat or new boots, but preparing your AC for winter is very important–and simple enough that it could be fun, too! It’s an unfortunate fact that winter… […]
- Humidity in the Home: Is the Air in Your Stockton Home Too Humid? November 16, 2015We had a wet start to this month and that looks like it could be a trend. El Nino is making itself known early, bringing rain and cold temperatures to our already often-foggy state. That's great for our state's drought, but not for your home. If your air is more humid than usual, it may […]
- Water Leak Repair: What to Do About a Leaky Faucet, Running Toilet, or Underground Water Leak in Your Sacramento Home November 13, 2015As “The No Surprise Guys”, the only tricks we like happened last month on Halloween. We do Halloween right in Sacramento, and those sorts of surprises can be fun–but most surprises aren’t! That goes double if the surprise comes on a monthly water bill. If your bill gave you a trick recently, there are a… […]
- Bell Brothers’ Core Values and Guarantees: E Is for Exceptional Service November 11, 2015If you’re a follower of this blog, or familiar with our company, you may be familiar with Bell Brothers’ Core Values. We talk about them on occasion, but we believe that the best way to show someone what you’re about is through actions. But we’re going to talk about our core values in detail over the… […]
- A Capitol Idea: Why Working with an HVAC Subcontractor Is Key for Your Sacramento Home Remodel November 9, 2015According to an article in the Sac Bee, our governor has remodeling on his mind these days. It sounds like the Governor’s Mansion--an historic building that’s as much public office as it is private residence--is getting a remodel done right. The post A Capitol Idea: Why Working with an HVAC Subcontractor Is Key for Your […]
- HVAC Basics: Busting Stockton Area Myths About HVAC Systems November 6, 2015One of the things we deal with on a regular basis are misconceptions and myths about HVAC systems. Sometimes it seems like there’s more misinformation out there than fact, and we hear it all over the place. Going over all of them would take a long time, and we’d have to cover some pretty absurd… […]
- PEX Plumbing in Vacaville: Why Polyethylene Pipe Is the Best Thing Since Copper November 4, 2015We get excited about new technology here at Bell Brothers, and we like to think of ourselves as early adopters. From heat pumps to tankless water heaters, we like new technology that works and has proven itself. And the new technology that’s got us talking lately is PEX plumbing, a totally new way of plumbing… […]
- Gas HVAC Systems and Devices: Pros, Cons, and Why You Need to Keep Up with Maintenance November 2, 2015If you have gas in your home, you are in the majority of Sacramento homeowners. Especially in older homes, the use of gas for cooking and to heat water and air is very common. Whether propane or natural, gas is time-tested and very effective. It’s also almost always cheaper than electricity! The post Gas HVAC […]