Energy is absolutely essential in today’s world. Without energy, the technology and comfort that we know of today would not be possible. Here at BDMetrics, we are committed to helping visitors understand their energy usage in terms of HVAC systems and heating oil. With a focus on fuel, specifically heating oil, we provide videos and articles to help viewers make cost effective decisions.
What Is Heating Oil?
Heating oil is a fuel that is very popular resource for heating homes or other domestic uses. There is a type of oil that is a form of kerosene, a #1 oil. However, the heating oil we are focused on is derived from crude oil, a #2 oil. Through a refinery, the crude oil is turned into heating oil and transported all over the world through the use of pipelines, trucks, trains and more. Heating oil is created and used for the comfort of customers in order to keep the air temperature in homes pleasant.
Heating Oil Uses
Heating oil is used in homes as a way to keep them heated in the winter months. For this reason, it is important to purchase enough oil to get through the winter while maintaining a warm home equipped with heated water. It is important to note, however, that heating oil is not only for the winter months. If your home’s hot water is heated by oil, it is important to understand the amount of fuel your family will go through in a year. Buying oil in the summer or spring is generally cheaper because it is considered the off season. This is important to know if you need to restock on fuel all year round.
Top Heating Oil Companies
Connecticut: ABC Fuel Oil LLC, (203) 648-4204
Deleware: Awe Oil, (302) 737-1123
Illinois: Blick & Blick Oil Inc., (800) – 535 – 9468
Indiana: Country Mark, 800-808-3170
Kentucky: Lykins Energy Solutions, 1-800-875-8820
Maine: Atlantic Heating Co, (207) 797-7218
Maryland: Tevis Energy Inc., 410-876-6800
Massachusetts: Pioneer Oil, 508-753-3223
Michigan: Crystal Flash, 800.875.4851
New Hampshire: Ciardelli Fuel Company, (603) 673-1336
New Jersey: RG Fuel Oil, (908)930-6678
New York: SOS Xtreme Comfort, (845) 351-4700
Ohio: Duncan Oil, 1.888.DUNCAN.OIL
Pennsylvania: R.F. Ohl, (610) 471-0001
Rhode Island: Santoro Oil, (401) 942-5000
Vermont: Energy Co-op of Vermont, (802) 860-4090
Virginia: Quarels Inc, 540.371.2400
West Virginia: Emmart Oil Co
Wisconsin: Garrow Oil Propane, 800-236-1999
HVAC System – Tips for Homeowners
In order to keep an HVAC system running at it’s best possible efficiency, it is important for homeowners to know that these systems need to be maintained properly. Even if there is no immediate issues, most contractors recommend a check twice a year. These maintenance checks end up saving customers on repair and service bills in the long run. By cleaning the air filters of your system monthly, the HVAC system should run smoothly and efficiently. A smoothly running system means more efficiency, energy savings, and most importantly, cash savings! BDMetrics is here to provide you with articles and videos to ensure our viewers are informed and ready to make smart choices regarding energy and HVAC system maintenance.
Top HVAC Companies
Connecticut: Modern Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC, (203) 283-0593
Delaware: Horizon Services Inc., (302) 442-7607
Illinois: Shavitz Heating and Air Conditioning, 847-973-5834
Indiana: Service Plus Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, (317) 550-2664
Kentucky: Madison HVAC/R, Inc., (859) 248-1280
Maine: Mechanical Services Inc., 207 – 774 -1531
Maryland: Blue Dot Services of Maryland, 410-809-2124
Massachusetts: Ayotte, (978) 251-1000
Michigan: Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling, 616-828-5411
New Hampshire: Heritage Heating Plumbing Cooling Electric, 1-800-977-4737
New Jersey: A.J. Perri, (732) 733-2548
New York: SOS Xtreme Comfort, (845) 351-4700
Ohio: McAfee Air, (937) 438-1976
Pennsylvania: R.F. Ohl, (610) 471-0001
Rhode Island: Restivo’s, 401-351-REST
Vermont: Avonda Air Systems, (802) 865-9900
Virginia: F. H. Furr, 1-866-944-3791
West Virginia: A-One Heating and Cooling, (304) 485-0024
Wisconsin: Foreman Slaasted Heating & Air Conditioning, 262-634-8344
BDMetrics provides unbeatable service with top quality information on all things relating to energy, heating oil, and HVAC systems. Check out or articles and videos for more details!
- video rating: 4.5 http://www.minisplitwarehouse.com Ductless HVAC Mini Split System in Minisplitwarehouse.com. Home Comfort in the Palm of Your Hand. Handheld wireless remotes are a popular option for ductless systems. Call us for Help 877-770-3548. Read More ...
- video rating: 5 “Trend Trading” this volatile market has been good for traders using the Long side filter for Heating Oil Futures. http://www.gmtfutures.com In this video Shane walks you through one of our strategies on Heating Oil Futures that trades in automation on TradeStation. Known to be a very seasonal market, the Heating Oil Futures […] Read More ...
- video rating: 5 About Us: WM Buffington Company Inc has been Central PA’s heating and cooling specialist for over 50 years. Unlike many other competitors, WM Buffington Company is honest and up front to you about all your costs and options before the work begins. We act with honesty so you know you’re getting the […] Read More ...
Please follow & like us :)
- Your Control Panel for Comfort: Possibilities with New Thermostats October 5, 2015Most folks don’t replace their thermostats. It’s been our experience that unless the entire HVAC system is being redone, the thermostat generally gets left until it breaks. But it’s also been our experience that leaving things until they break isn’t the best or cheapest way to go about things. Moving and Replacing Thermostats Thermostats, at… […]
- Water Heater Repair: Strike While the Water Heater Is Hot October 2, 2015This last summer saw one heck of a fire season, here in California, as well as nationwide. One of the closest fires to us in the Sacramento area was the Lake County fire back in August, which burned 70,000 acres and 43 homes in the course of a week. The cause of that fire… […]
- Fall Furnace Tune up Coupon October 1, 2015Who doesn’t love a great value? Enjoy Bell Brothers Fall Furnace Tune up Coupon for a limited time! One of our favorite times of year is upon us. There is something so special about Autumn in Sacramento. The city of trees makes for regional eye candy that is just stunning this time of year. Beyond… […]
- Are You Filtering for Taste or Safety? Water Filtration Systems That Keep Contaminants Out of Your Water September 30, 2015It’s always concerning when a city in our area doesn’t come up to snuff, and we were concerned when we read that the city of Vacaville hadn’t met certain standards for drinking water this year.1 The levels of chromium 6, a naturally-occurring potential carcinogen, were higher than allowable. The city is downplaying the failed… […]
- Caring for Sacramento HVAC Systems: Ducts, Furnaces, and Even Windows September 28, 2015We’ve all dealt with PG&E. Most of us don’t think about them much except when we pay our utility bills. But they’re actually a great resource for energy and money saving advice. I was reading an article recently on their website about the importance of properly installing an HVAC system, complete with a pie chart… […]
- Smoke Coming Through Your HVAC System? Breathe Clean Air at Home September 28, 2015The Central Valley is a great place to live. We have a lot of great restaurants, art, culture, and some great educational systems—all coupled with great weather and plenty to do in the great outdoors. But there are also some drawbacks, and one of the complaints I hear a lot is how smoky and… […]
- Heater and Furnace Maintenance: Tune Up and Test Out Your Heating System September 24, 2015Most of us in the region noticed some cool temperatures this month–much cooler than usual for September. Fall is coming to Sacramento, and it’s got many folks thinking about their heaters–which is unusual when it still feels like summer during the afternoons. It makes sense to be more worried about cooling than heating when… […]
- El Nino is coming, Sacramento! Your Windows Should Be Weatherproofed and Ready September 23, 2015We’ve had a dry year in the valley, but El Nino is on the way. Believe it or not, officials are now concerned about the amount of water we’ll be getting this winter. Going from a drought to a flood warning is a shock, but not as much of a shock as finding that… […]
- KFBK Home Show featuring Bell Brothers August 26, 2015We have partnered with the KFBK Home Show! This is not something new, but we are excited to have expanded our five year partnership with the lovely Kitty O’Neal to the world wide web! Kitty has been a valued client of ours for several years. We are honored to be part of the KFBK family… […]
- PACE Program has now been Approved in Sacramento August 6, 2015The Sacramento County Board of Supervisor has recently authorized the PACE financing program. On November 5th 2015, commercial and residential property owners now have alternative financing methods for select energy efficient upgrades like HVAC replacement, Insulation, Solar and more. The Ygrene Energy Fund helps homeowners to conserve energy, water and other the renewable energy solutions by financing these home… […]